Friday, July 22, 2011

Thank you for your support...over $1800 raised so far

When I was selected to join this team of volunteers, Habitat for Humanity sent me a bunch of information ...what you need to wear, what you need to sign, what you can expect....and they also sent along all sorts of fundraising ideas.

Volunteers are encouraged to fundraise to help cover the costs of the in-country expenses. So back in February I created an online donation page for anyone wishing to assist me with raising funds for Habitat for Humanity and the build in Oradea, Romania.

The donations help to fund the home building in the host country and supports the Global Village program. Costs are kept low through volunteer labour (that’s me!!) and donated building materials. The families replay a non-profit, geared to income mortgage. As mortgages are repaid, the funds are used to build more homes.

I have had the good fortune of much support from various people. So this is a giant thank-you to the kindness of strangers, friends, relatives...I trust you have invested wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment