Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Running with The Beav, finally some sun and more rocks!

My friend and colleague Bev is part of this build.  On our second night in Oradea, a waitress was delivering our dinner orders at a restaurant and attempted to call us by our names.  Instead of "Bev" she said "beav"...and thus The Beav was born! And now that The Beav has shared my blog with friends and family she's probably cursing me...sorry Beav!!
 I have managed to get up and run or cross train 5 days so far during this build.  It means getting up before 6am and trying get a few KMs in and get ready for the work site before 7:40am. The Beav has joined me each time.  Let me point out that she is an active and fit woman...but doesn't run much.  And today she set a new personal best and pushed herself! So proud of her! And can't thank her enough for getting up with me.

The sun has returned to Beius and we have had a busy few days.   The site in Beius has a number of Habitat houses on it and we are working on two more. We were hard at work hard at work again mixing concrete, hauling stones and other fun stuff. I even did an interview for Romanian television.

Today we helped another Habitat owner replace his roof tiles.  I was very fortunate to be on the roof nailing down support planks and strapping.  Great views and hard work. The two grandmothers of the family made us fresh donuts to eat at the end of the day to thank us.  We will return tomorrow to finish the job and the roof.

Shockingly, Thursday is our last day building. Not sure where the time goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment